Self Sacrifice in Ministry & Mothering

If you know anything about being in the ministry you know that its constantly sacrificing your time and energy for others. Its not easy because my flesh does not want to do those things. My spirit knows what is right and wants to do good for others, but my body does not.

We don't always see results from those things we do for others. Most of the time we won't see any kind of reward from sacrifice until we get to heaven. If you have the Holy Spirit living within you, then you should have the desire to live for Him. Living for God means dying to myself daily.


If we can learn to ignore what we want to instead do for someone else we will then be able to understand true sacrifice. Giving our lives to serve others and tell them about Jesus is not easy but it is worth it. Its the same way with mothering. I have to daily remember that my children need me and my life is not just about me anymore. Homeschooling 4 boys is definitely a daily challenge with many distractions and interruptions. The biggest challenge is not getting frustrated when they all need me at once.


I want to be the best mother and wife I can be. My flesh doesn't always want to cooperate. Sometimes I just want to stay in bed all day without having to cook or fold clothes. Sacrifice is something I have to do daily in order to honor God and take care of my children. My children's needs come before my wants.

Do you know what it's like to REALLY sacrifice your time or energy for those around you?