Are you on a diet?

Last week a 5 year old child asked me if I was on a diet?
To my surprise she thought I should be because her mom is....
Its very sad to think that parents are
teaching their children that body image is THAT important.
I mean don't get me wrong I believe we need to be healthy and take care of our bodies but if you don't feed your children what you are eating, just allowing them to eat whatever they want that's NOT teaching them to be healthy. Its teaching them that you appearance is most important to you.

If I know something is not good for me I try to avoid it and also don't want my children to have it either. For example we all know that sugar is like a drug and very addictive. It causes inflammation and feeds candida in the gut and also feeds cancer cells. If I only drink water I am not going to allow my boys to drink soda and juices filled with sugar and ESPECIALLY NOT aspartame!
(That's WORSE than sugar~it is a known CARCINOGEN)

So instead of saying "I'm on a diet" I just try to make healthy choices daily. Sometimes I give in to my cravings and eat something with sugar but I know I WILL pay for it later.

Instead of obsessing over my body and teaching my children that being skinny is priority, I just try to teaching them to make healthy food choices by only offering just that.
Focusing on taking care of our health and using food as medicine is the right way to train our children. I am afraid our society has put way too much emphasis on the body and try to look appealing to the eye. So much so that people are jumping from one diet to the next, one work out routine to the next....desperately trying to arrive at that perfect weight or size.

God wants your heart. He wants you to live for Him and put Him first in your life. Not food or clothes or anything else. We need to remember our children are ALWAYS watching us and absorbing everything we say and do like little sponges.

"For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." 1 Timothy 4:8