I broke the law...

...and I'm sure this won't be the last time. By that mean, my law, my rules. I set all these standards and rules for myself and then I can't always accomplish it. So I feel like a failure. I am making myself crazy.

I will fold that laundry before naptime today and if I don't get around to it I feel ashamed when Chris wakes up and folds it. (he never complains~it's just me worrying what he thinks)

Dinner must be at 5 and if it's not I feel like I have messed up the whole "schedule"

Homework and baths immediately following dinner. Sometimes we do these out of order and it bugs me WHY DO I CARE? as long as it gets done right!

Bedtime at 8 EXACTLY not a minute later and if they aren't in the bed I get impatient with them and aggravated with myself for not getting it done.

Or I might tell myself  "I'm not going to yell at my kids today" and when I do I feel like such a bad mother.

What is wrong with me? Surely I'm not the only mother out there who does this. Or am I?