Boston Here We Come!

Well we are going to Boston next week for a Children's Craniofacial Association Annual Family Retreat. They have been so generous in covering our flights and hotel expenses. This is our first time attending and I am sure it will be lots of fun. We are also going to be meeting with Jaron's surgeon and dentist at the Children's Hospital in Boston as well. I have lots of questions and can't wait to hear what they have to say about his facial growth, speech and teeth. I know there are more surgeries to come in his life and I dread them. But we have to do it because I want him to look normal and feel normal.

We have tried to instill in our children that God makes us all different and they are all special. We don't make fun or point at others because of how they look. He is going into kindergarten next year and if he comes home crying one day because someone picked on him...I think I will fall apart. That has been my worst fear. Up to this point no one has ever come right out and made fun of him or ever said anything to him about looking different. I am just putting him out there (in kindergarten) and I am so nervous. I can't stand the thought of someone breaking his heart. Please God protect my little boy.