This too shall pass...

Last week Jaron was congested and coughing....now we ALL are! Justus is the only one running a fever so after 3 days of alternating tylenol and motrin every 4 hours trying to help his 103 fever~ I gave up. I went to the ER today~desperate to find out "what's wrong with my baby?!?!?" After waiting for eternity the doctor and holding him on my numb shoulder (for 3 days straight) she came in and checked his ears. After confirming my motherly instinct was right, both ears are infected, I decided that a shot of strong antibiotics was in order to kick this nasty infection before I go crazy from lack of sleep. I do not want to wait for 10 days of antibiotics (accompanied by diahrrea) before his ears get better. We both wanted relief and fast!

We got home and the Lord reminded me of the stock of numbing ear drops we have because all our boys have had TONS of ear infections. So I gave Justus some of those drops and some milk in a medicine dropper. He won't suck a bottle because his ears hurt so bad. And too much milk increases the already troublesome mucus. But ibuprofen on an empty stomach makes him puke. But the milk causes phlem and makes him cough which leads to puking. UGH! It's a vicious cycle that I am praying will be better tomorrow. Please pray my baby sleeps tonight and is back to himself soon! (my shoulder can't take anymore~carrying around a 25lbs. baby for 3 days has not been easy but I'm his mother and I will do whatever I have to do to help him feel better)