Ways we save!

The boys all got haircuts last night and here they are all clean and ready for bed.

Those of you who know me, know that I am thrifty. I save money in all areas of our lives. Here are some of the ways we save:

-I cut all the boys hair and Chris's hair too.

-I do our taxes every year.

-I paint my own toes, no pedicures unless someone else buys me one.

-I wax my own eye brows, I would never pay someone to do that to me!

-We love to shop at Goodwill and thrift stores for clothes and anything else we might need

-We cancelled our home phone since we both have cell phones

-Chris sprays around our house outside for bugs so we don't pay an exterminator

-We don't pay garbage pick up since we live 2 miles from the dump he takes the trash

-We use online bill pay instead of buying checks and stamps to mail all our bills

Just imagine how much we have saved in haircuts alone. Chris and I have been married 11 years and I have cut his hair on average about every 2 weeks. I am not sure what they would charge at a barber but it ain't cheap. I paid $20 for a pair of clippers and they lasted me for years. Last year we bought another set of clippers cause the old ones were worn out. I'm sure our "haircut savings" is in the thousands!!! My mom also cuts my hair for free so that's another way we save.
I love being thrifty!!! It feels good to save money and just use it on the more important things like GROCERIES!!! :-D