Wal-mart wanderer!

When I go to walmart for groceries I try to just take one of the boys and get some alone time with them. So today was Jaron's turn. He was a little sleepy and didn't want to walk. So he sat in the buggy for a while until it was too full and he got out and laid underneath for a while too. I was getting one last thing and I looked down to see that my little boy was GONE! I freaked out! He was just now laying under there and I was moving..where did he go??? OMGosh I am going to cry just thinking about it. I have never been so scared in my life. I was standing near a walmart employee and she got a call over her walkie talkie...."Do you have a Mom Carrie or Terri in your dept. tell her I have her son at Customer Service".

I was mad and scared and relieved all at the same time. I went up front to get him and took him straight to the bathroom and spanked him. I couldn't believe he ran off. He knows better. He's five years old and we talk about it all the time. "Don't run away from mommy, someone will take you" "please stay with mommy Jaron" "Hold onto the buggy or stay where I can see you" I say these things so much and he knows not to do it. He wasn't crying and but I was about to. So we checked out and went home. The ride home was silent.

We had dinner and baths. When I tucked them in the bed I said "I want to know how Jaron felt when he got lost in Walmart." and he said "I was a little scared". A LITTLE? That was the worst 3 minutes of my life!!! I went in circles with the buggy looking for him and calling his name louder and louder. Leave it to Jaron to do something like this. He's our unique child with tons of extra energy. Jacob has never done that before and he better NOT ever. Thank God for nice Walmart ladies doing their job!!!