The First Surgery was a SUCCESS!

Well Jaron had his first surgery thursday and it last 5 hours. We spoke with the doctor afterwards and then went into recovery to see him. He had already woken up from the anesthesia but the nurses got him calmed down and back to sleep. We are very pleased with the result. Jaron's palate was closed and his front gums were turned straight, because they were badly twisted before. So now that his gums are straight his middle top lip is centered. I stayed in the hospital with him for 2 nights. He was on morphine the first night and we started tylenol w/ codeine the second night. He seems to be a little fussy but not like I expected. I am so glad we have one surgery behind us now. He is already scheduled for May 4th for his Lip/Nose repair. That is going to be a dramatic change in his looks. We will be going Monday for a post op visit and are scheduled to go home Friday but maybe we will get lucky and get to go home early. I came back to our hotel with him today and he is sleeping a lot. He has laughed some and has been clapping his hands too. The arm restraints are the hardest thing right now. He seems frustrated at times not being able to play with his toys that he is used to.
I handled myself better than I thought I would and he has done better than I thought too and I am sure it has a lot to do with all the prayers from all of you. Thank you so much for all the phone calls and prayers for us. I will post pictures once we get home. God Bless You!