Examining Expectations

I want my boys to behave and {almost perfect} most of the time.

If I'm honest, I just want them to NOT embarrass me. LOL

But I have to remember they are human. They have the same sinful nature as I do.

I cannot expect any more from them that God does from me.

I fail daily. I make mistakes. He forgives and loves me through it all.

My expectations are too high most of the time then I am disappointed when they make mistakes.

I try to remind myself God feels the same way when I mess up.

If we don't expect perfection the mistakes won't hurt so bad.

Maybe we should just EXPECT our children to mess up,

God knew we would do things we shouldn't but He sent His son Jesus to die for our sins anyway.

WHAT A GOD!!!

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."  Romans 5:8