Look in the Mirror

Raising children is a learning experience. Every day I have to remind them to stop pointing out each others faults but to keep themselves straight. It must be human nature to always want to find the worst in everyone. Always wanting to point out each others flaws. We all have done it at one point or another. It is rare to find someone who doesn't have anything negative to say about someone else.

BUT WHY? why do we feel the need to correct everyone else behavior except our own. If we look in the mirror at ourselves and consider how hard it is to change ourselves, then we will realize how difficult it would be to change others.

I want to be an optimist, finding the good in everyone I meet. I want to look past their flaws or differences. God made us all different and I am so thankful for that. If we were all the same how boring would this world be. Everyone does not like the same food, cars, homes or clothes, and that's OK. It's what makes us all special in our own way. We are different sizes and shapes and that is OK too.

Instead of always finding the negative I want to try and find the silver lining in every day. It's not always easy but with God's help I know I can do it. You should try too. How much better would our lives be if we complimented everyone we meet instead of picking out what we think is wrong with them.