When I don't feel good enough....

Being a mother is a very hard job and sometimes I feel like I'm not doing it right.
Well---most of the time I feel like I'm not doing it right. I feel like a failure when my children don't behave. I feel like I did not teach them good manners and I blame myself for more things than I probably should. maybe it's just me being really hard on myself and I want everything to be perfect but that is impossible so I need


to learn to relax and enjoy my children.

These four little boys rely on me and their daddy for everything. we make sure they are fed, clean and clothed. Teaching important life lessons, that is our job and it's the hardest job in the world! I know I'm not the only mom out there that feels this way. I set these high standards for myself and when I can never reach my goals of having everything clean, all the laundry folded and my desk cleared off at the end of the day, then I just beat myself up about it and it's all in my head.

It's one of those things that most moms would never admit and we don't like to talk about because it's shameful to feel like you failed but the fact of the matter is we haven't failed! At the end of the day when everyone is safely tucked into bed with they're clean pajamas on and a full belly that is success! Who cares if the clothes are piled up on the couch and you don't have time to fold them big deal if you forgot to turn on the dishwasher last night it's not the end of the world and we should not let the pressures of this life get us down to a place where we don't feel like we're good enough.

God allowed us to have these children because he knew that we would be good mothers so we need to have faith in ourselves that we can get the job done. Children do not come with manuals we learn as we go and that's what makes this job so difficult but so very important. We have this image in our head of how we think life should be I'm not sure if we get it from TV or movies or just this fairy tale in our minds and when it does not work out exactly the way we want, we feel like a failure but that is not true.

I am God's child and all I can do is my best and that is good enough in His eyes.
My children and my husband love me unconditionally so I also need to learn to love myself just the same.