Giving up control

Psalm 46:10   
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Every day, we have to decide who’s going to be in control of our lives — you or God.
That choice is a DAILY battle. There are things in our lives that we want to control. We want to make our own rules. But stress relief always starts with letting God be God. It always starts with saying, “God, I’m giving up control, because you can control the things that are out of control in my life.”
Psalm 37:4      
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

We don’t know what we’re going to face this week. But I can already tell you what God wants you to do: Let go of control, and know that God is in control. This is the first step to happiness!

I know first hand this is easier said than done. I definitely like to be in control of my life. I will be the first to admit I don't want any one telling me what to do. I also do not like surprises. Being in control of our own lives gives us a feeling of power. And when we are not in control its humbling. Trusting my life in a car with another driver is giving up a little control. Trusting my life in a plane with a pilot is giving up control. Trusting God to provide groceries and gas when we are running out, now that is a hard one.....Why is it so hard to trust Him and not worry. When I quit trying to fix everything myself and let God have control it always works out just fine.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.