Why do I go to church?

I go to church to worship God, learn more about Him and how I am supposed to be living. I want to be around like-minded people. I like singing songs about Heaven and Jesus and what He's done for me. And I like to praise the Lord for all His blessings He has given our family.


There are many reasons...

I am sure it's easier for most to come up with an excuse as to why they don't go to church. You might have been hurt in church or had one bad experience and never want to go back. Well if that is the way we handled everything in life where would be?

If I left Chris the first time he hurt my feelings in our marriage it would be ridiculous.

If I got embarrassed at Walmart one time does that mean I will never go back?

Everywhere we go in life things happen we don't agree with. God made us all so different and I am so thankful for that! If we were all the same life would be BORING.

We should be able to put all our differences aside and come together to worship the Lord without all the gossip, jealousy, hatred, bitterness and frustrations of this world getting in the way. As my old pastor used to say, "Let's just keep the main thing, the MAIN thing!"

I have learned that I don't go to church to feel accepted by the people or liked by anyone. I don't go to impress anyone or brag about myself. I don't sing to be recognized or praised on how well I sang. I don't raise my hands and praise the Lord to look super spiritual in front of others. I don't go to the altar and pray because I want to be seen.

It's a personal relationship between me and my Savoir. I want to draw closer to Him.
 I want Him to know I love Him by obeying His word to the best of my ability.

It's not about me.....it's ALL about HIM!