Mind Control

I started getting frequent headaches at the age of eleven. I remember very well keeping a bottle of advil in my backpack in middle school. As time went on and I got older the headaches became worse. I went to a chiropractor in high school sometimes. I also had an MRI done to check for any possible causes, but they found none.

Then when we got married and we moved to Ft. Benning I still had bad headaches and went to a chiropractor on the Army Base. I remember one time my head hurt so bad Chris had to take me to the ER in the middle of the night and they gave me some shots of medicine that knocked me out!

Throughout all my pregnancies the headaches became worse but I did notice if I took my prenatal vitamins daily it helped some. After our first son I was seeing a neurologist and he diagnosed me with "cluster headaches". I tried some different migraine medicines but I didn't like the way they made me feel and then I got pregnant with our second son so I had to stop taking them.

As I have gotten older I have learned that stress triggers tension headaches. Migraines come without warning or reason most of the time. Sinus headaches come during season changes with the most pollen in the air. I have been to an allergist and been tested but was negative for any common allergens. I have had another MRI recently and there isn't an obvious cause. Just LIFE! I get so stressed in my mind mentally about things and it affects me physically. My shoulders tense up and then it radiates into my neck and morphs into a headache.

I don't like taking pain killers so I try to avoid them. I do take migraine prescriptions as needed. And sometimes Tylenol or ibuprofen but I try avoid taking anything and usually just deal with the pain rather than take a pill with side effects. I have also spiraled out of control and had continual headaches for weeks non stop. My neurologist told me that it was "rebound headaches" from taking over-the-counter meds daily and then my body becomes dependent on them.

So I would say I usually have a headache 4 or 5 days a week. I have learned to deal with the pain. Working through it and going about my regular routine. I do know that when it gets to a certain point I cannot drive because the pain is overwhelming and I cannot think clearly sometimes.

I guess everyone has something they struggle with daily and this is mine. Some might get upset stomach from stress or high blood pressure. Not me.....I get headaches. I know things could be worse so I am thankful for the life God gave me and I am doing my best not to complain. It hard sometimes but I am trying...

When our vehicles our breaking down and we cannot afford to fix them it is stressful so I OF COURSE get a headache. When the kids won't behave or focus on school I get a headache. I need to have more faith and pray for God to help me when I am stressed out. I know He can I just always want to fix things on my own.

Does anyone else ever feel this way?

If you know any good suggestions for headache or stress relief  please comment below.