Being Submissive

Being a submissive wife doesn't mean you should be mistreated in any way. There is a difference between being submissive and being controlled. We should love them despite their flaws and try to be helpful instead of critical. We need to be respectful of each others ideas and decisions and that will be easier when you really love each other. He is to be the head of the home and we should never make major decisions without discussing them first with each other. We are to serve him which simply means to "render assistance". Being submissive doesn't mean you are dumb. A great marraige requires a lot of work but if you're both fighting for the head of house than be prepared for war.

I love my husband and I love the Lord and I want to please them both. In order to do that I need to be submissive to my husband and let him be the leader in our home. He doesn't mistreat me or talk to me like I am any less. He just lets the Lord guide him so he can guide us.