Jaron's teacher called today...

At 2:00 before the boys left school I got a call from Jaron's teacher. My stomach does a flip when I see her number always thinking "what did he do now". She said "I wanted to let you know I tested Jaron and he's reading on a level 14." So I said what is average for kindergarten?" And she said "Level 3 or 4 so I wanted to see if he could go into the 1st grade class for 30 minutes everyday for reading time." She was asking me if I minded. She said she talked to the conselor and they decided he is not ready to be put into 1st grade permanently because he is a little behind on his fine motor skills. (writing & scissors) He is very smart in math and she said "he wants to teach the class". She also said Jaron is a leader and is very confident. He likes to use her pointer and wants to help other children read. I am so thankful he's not shy. Knowing the years to come will get harder for him, I am glad he's not shy. He does still have a hard time sitting in his seat. But I told her it's because he's bored. He already knows everything they are teaching and he needs more to keep him busy. So anyway....I am so proud of my little boy. He is so smart!