His quick arrival...

Well as you know Justus was laying sideways in utero and I was very worried about having c-section. So we went to the hospital on Tues Nov. 30th to get a version. The doctor came in and pressed on my belly and turned the baby head down @ 1:27pm. It wasn't too painful but SO worth it. He suggested I go home and wait for natural labor to start. I said no I'd rather be induced because I knew he was big and I was afraid he might flip over again.

So we started the induction with cervidil @ 4:30pm to thin out my cervix.
They removed the cervidil @ 11pm
started pitocin @ 12am
midwife came in @ 7:30am and broke my water and I was dilated to 3 cm.
I got my epidural @ 8:30am
I was dilated to 5 cm @ 10:20am
By 11:30am I had already dialted to 9 1/2 cm
I started pushing at 12 noon on Dec. 1st and he was born at 12:12pm

Once again (like Jonah's birth) my epidural didn't work on one side of my body. I was in a lot of pain and wanted to give up. Thank God he came out fast! In the words of my midwife "he came barrelling out!" Thank God I didn't have to have a c-section!!!

Jonah is more comfortable with holding him now that he is off the bili lights.
He told me to slow down the other day in Walmart because baby Justus was going to fall out of the buggy.
Justus had jaundice for longer than any of my other children. He had to be on the billi lights at home for 7 days. He got his heels pricked 7 times to check the bilirubin levels in his blood. As my milk came in his levels went down and he finally flushed it all out of his system. Oh those lights...dragging it from room to room trying to keep him on it between feeding and diaper changing. It was a huge pain in the neck.

Finally FREE from the lights and we caught a smile!
The boys just LOVE him.
They showered him with "soft toys"
Jaron wants to hold him all the time. Even when I'm nursing....he wants me to stop nursing so he can hold him immediately.