To Each His Own...

Well after having 3 children in the hospital I have learned what I like and what I don't. I must say that having your whole family and your church family all come to the hospital is very over whelming for me.

After a woman delivers a child her hormone levels are all over the place. She is trying to recover and very uncomfortable with her post pregnant body. Nothing fits right. We all want to get right back into our regular clothes but you can't. Maternity clothes are the only thing that fit. It's depressing.

So smiling for the cameras and friends is the last thing I'm in the mood for. I love that bonding time with my baby for nursing and getting to know him. I don't like the constant interuptions from visitors. I know some might find this rude or not normal. But you should know by now I am not normal. I usually do things my way and most of the time I don't really care how everyone else does it.

When I am ready to show my baby to the world and comfortable in my own skin again I will bring him to church. Of course I don't mean our parents visiting. I am very modest and don't feel comfortable laying there in my night gown for all to see me in that condition. It just feels like a very private family moment.

I hope you all understand and even if you don't...I hope you will respect my wishes anyway.

Oh and all you mothers out there please feel free to comment and let me know how you feel about visitors after childbirth.