Spring is Here!

Well we have all seen the "Bee Movie" and know all about the pollen and how the bees LOVE IT! Everything is starting to bloom here in Georgia and that means lots of pollen which means lots of bees. We were in the house the other day and Jacob opened the front door because Chris pulled in the driveway. The next thing I know Jacob RAN SCREAMING into his room holding his arm!!! I said "WHAT?!!?" he said he got stung and Chris saw what it was a killed it. A WASP! I think it was stuck between our glass door and wooden door and he must have been mad because he attacked the first thing he saw.

I immediately ran cold water on it but it didn't seem to help. I have never in my 29 years been stung by anything so I have no idea how bad it really is. I came to the computer and typed in yahoo "home remedies for bee stings" the first website that came up had a whole list of things and I picked one that I had the ingredients for, baking soda and water paste. We put some on his arm and he said it helped it stop burning. I felt so helpless. He was crying and I couldn't figure out what to do to make it stop. Later I read that toothpaste is one of the best things for a bee sting. The glycerine takes away the burning.

Today we needed to go get groceries but I have been telling the boys about the pollen and how it makes us sick because we all have allergies. And the news said the pollen count was 5700 yesterday and our cars are now solid yellow. We rushed to the van and all the way to the store we pointed out all the yellow cars going down the road. As we pulled in the parking lot at 8:30am there were only 4 cars so we could clearly see it was covered in yellow pollen with a few tire tracks. They saw it too and were kinda hestitant to get out of the van. We covered our noses and ran in fast. I don't want them to be afraid of outdoors but it's pretty bad right now. Our allergies can't handle 5700 spores of pollen. Jonah is coughing right now as I am typing. We use nasonex daily at our house. I love the flowers and the beautiful wisteria that is blooming everywhere, but we do NOT like the pollen. Thank God for that rain we had today to wash our cars and clear the air.

note: I just realized as I typed this story that if Jacob wouldn't have opened the door then Chris would have probably been that wasps victim because he just got home and was on his way inside. He should thank Jacob. :-D