Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Jaron's 3rd surgery

Well we got to Boston yesterday "by the skin of our teeth!" It was a rough morning let me tell you. I got up at 4:30am and was pulling out of my driveway at 5:30am to miss Atlanta traffic. When I heard a "thump, thump, thump I just put it in reverse went right back in the driveway. My husband was home thankfully and between the two of us we finally figured out how to get the spare out from under the van. Only to find out it was also FLAT! So he moved the van out of the way on the flat and we transferred my luggage and the boys carseats and I drove his Dodge Truck. It was a little awkward and big but I made it in the traffic to the airport only to find that there was NO PARKING. I had to park and the VERY end of economy parking and I RAN literally to the terminal. When I swiped my skymiles card to check my suitcase the screen said "It's too late to check your bags". WHAT! I just ran my legs off with no breakfast all the way here and now you can't take my suitcase?!?!? I was in tears at this point and I begged the ticket agent to get me on this flight. She said "sorry mam you can just take the next one." NO, I have to get my son to pre-op he is having surgery tomorrow. She saw my concern and spoke with her manager. She came back and I think she broke some laws but she took the suitcase and told me to hurry! I ran to the gate and was the last one to board the plane. So much for going potty. I sat down and took a breath...Jaron was crying and hungry. The wet diaper would have to wait. So I fed him and we took off. He went to sleep and I was restless and still nervous if my suitcase was on the plane or not. So we landed with no problems in Boston on time at 11:15am. I then had to get a cab to the hospital. His pre-op was at 1pm and we got that over with. So finally we checked into our hotel across the street and got to relax. Jaron was climbing all over the room and glad to be free of the stroller. My legs were so sore from all the running, it is more excersise than I am used to. We slept alright and woke up this morning and headed over to surgery. He went back with the nurses at 8:30 for his fistula repair and pointy chin issue. I am trying to kill time by posting here. I will try to post in a couple of days to update his progress. We should only have to stay one night in the hospital and then back to the hotel for a couple days post op before we return home on Monday. Thanks for all the prayers. Oh and incase you didn't know, we made a total of $2500 at the benefit yard sale. PRAISE GOD!